Cloudclan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cloudclan

Cloudclan fourm; based off of the Warriors Series by Erin Hunter. A Roleplaying site. Come Join us; it's Free!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Book Series? Tell me!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thunder
Leader
Leader
Thunder

Female
Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Good Book Series? Tell me! Empty
PostSubject: Good Book Series? Tell me!   Good Book Series? Tell me! EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Well I'm running out of books to read. And if you know me personally you'll know that's a reeeeally bad idea. Books are like my...um...source of happiness I guess. So, since we don't want me to die from no books (hopefully; I'd like to think you all want me to live Razz) I was wondering if you guys could suggest to me some good series. I like a lot of fantasy books, and some science fiction. Any ideas? Let me know please! :3 Also I'd be happy to suggest books for anyone else who wants them. Trust me I've read a gazillion books. xD Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://fangstory.forumotion.net
Mintwafflez
Guild Groupie
Guild Groupie
Mintwafflez

Female
Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Good Book Series? Tell me!   Good Book Series? Tell me! EmptySat Dec 13, 2008 11:11 pm

I dont at what maturity level you read books at- I go totally M+ with some of mine. NOT THAT WAY, Maturity wise.

The Bourne Identity/Ultimadium/Supremecy:
It makes you REALLY think, and theirs movies too if the book gets too confusing.

The Tenth Circle:
Not a series but a really good book with real world themes

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants:
Yeah, their good. c:

Wolf Brother:
Really Good fantasy series but it isn't that diffacult of a read, atleast for me.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. I don't know alot of books that would interest you...
Back to top Go down
Tabbyflight
Guild Groupie
Guild Groupie
Tabbyflight

Female
Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Good Book Series? Tell me!   Good Book Series? Tell me! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 1:32 am

HawkSong Series! The first book is awesome, it gets a little confusing at the end. (BTW Does contain a pair of lesbians in the series. But that's near the end. And it's for good reason.) RATED: T for violence and Suggestive Themes

Song of The Lioness Series by Tamora Pierce: Medival Times:Twins, a boy and a girl, are complete opposites. Boys usually go and train to become knights, while girls go to a Covent and learn magic and ettiquet. Turns out, the twins want to do the exact opposite of what they're required. Alanna wants to become a knight (which is illegal and punishable by death) and her brother (forgot his name) wants to become a sorcerer (which is legal.) So you pretty much read about Alanna's life. The twins both have a special power called the GIFT. Which is very similar to Eragon magic, except they don't have to speak words most of the time. RATED: T for violence and reference to suggestive themes.

My Side of the Mountain: Rated E: Very adventorous and interesting. Boy runs away from home to live off of the mountain.

The Immortals by Tamora Pierce: My younger sister is reading them and she really seems to like them.

Lord of the Rings: Seems like a popular choice.

Tell us the books you've read, so we have a better idea on what you like.
Back to top Go down
Thunder
Leader
Leader
Thunder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Good Book Series? Tell me!   Good Book Series? Tell me! EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 7:11 pm

Um, I don't know if you've heard of it but I've read the Outstretched Shadow, which is btw my favorite book. i've read a lot of mystery books as well as a few the Twilight series (i hated them lol). I read about whatever I can get my hands on: from 1000+ pages to 300. :0 I'll check these out guys thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thunder
Leader
Leader
Thunder

Female

PostSubject: Re: Good Book Series? Tell me!   Good Book Series? Tell me! EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 4:09 pm

Some of my favorite series/books are: (if this helps..)

Percy Jackson and the Olympians series

The Obsidian Triology

The Sword by Deborah Chester

The Phoenix Endangered

The Phoenix Unchained

The Dragon Keeper Series

Mercedes Lackey's books, she is an awesome author.
Back to top Go down
Lonemoon
Guild Groupie
Guild Groupie
Lonemoon

Female
Number of posts : 589
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Good Book Series? Tell me!   Good Book Series? Tell me! EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 6:33 pm

I think you should read:

Singer of all Songs

Magyk

Firestar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Book Series? Tell me!   Good Book Series? Tell me! EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:57 am

If you want books that have a sort of mystery to them:
The Missing Series by Margaret Peterson Haddix
1.Found
2.Sent
3.Sabatoged (August 24, 2010)
Double Identity by Margaret Peterson Haddix
If you want action packed books:
The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
1.The Hunger Games
2.Catching Fire
3.Mockingjay (August 24, 2010)
If you want awkward sometimes confusing books with realms, magic, and love in them:
The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray:
1.A Great and Terrible Beauty
2.Rebel Angels
3.The Sweet Far Thing

PostSubject: Re: Good Book Series? Tell me!   Good Book Series? Tell me! Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Book Series? Tell me!
Page 1 of 1